California Search Engine Optimization is a very thorough process and can be complicated. This info will definitely not teach you everything but it will point out some very important aspects of search engine optimization (SEO).
Now before I get started I need to point out a few things. You can not just throw up any webpage use California SEO tactics on it and get it to a number one position in the search engines. Your website needs good quality content and needs to be resourceful to users. Also you can not have an affiliate site nor a forwarded domain. Search engines pick up on these sites and never list them. This has to be your very own site with good quality content and your own domain name.
SEO - Search Engine Optimization
This article focuses on the benefits of local SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and compares it to SEO on a larger scale, perhaps like what big brand names have to engage in.
Search Optimization is effective, but it is more so effective for a local business because of the limitation in the area of service.
With local SEO, you can ensure that your business targets a very specific group of customers that are within the vicinity of your local business.
Search Engine Optimization Definition
Search Engine Optimization, also referred to as SEO, search optimization and website optimization is the practice of "optimizing" a website property so that it is found on search engine search results when individuals type in keywords and phrases that are relevant to the web property's subject matter.
In other words, it is how websites attract targeted and relevant traffic from all those who are searching for it.
Application of SEO Strategies - On Page and Off Page SEO
SEO is executed in two ways, on page and off page. On page SEO refers to edits made to a web property's physical features such as the website's title, description, keyword, body content, sub headings, links as well as the code (meta tags) that is not visible to the naked human eye.
Off page SEO strategies involve link building, social bookmarking, social sharing, video marketing, blogging, commenting on forums, and pretty much anything else that does not impact the physical website itself.
The internet works on the basis of keyword uses. When someone searches for particular keywords, search engines do their best to provide an exact match that would satisfy the search query. The better and more targeted this exchange becomes, the more a search engine's credibility increases and the more users continue to use it.
Keyword Research - Critical Pillar of SEO - Gauging Supply and and Demand Measures
Keyword research is critical to SEO, and is the first step that needs to be executed to engage in effective SEO. Without proper on page SEO, all off page SEO efforts are temporary and short term in nature. In other words, before going out there and investing in internet marketing, one has to make sure their website is sound fundamentally.
Get your house in order before you start marketing it and bringing guests in. Without a properly structured website using the relevant and appropriate keywords, marketing efforts will not be as effective, and will completely die off if one was to stop investing in them on an ongoing basis.
Because the internet works on the basis of keywords, it is important to understand what keywords people are searching for in your industry or niche. The amount of searches conducted on the internet for a particular keyword is referred to as the keyword's demand. The supply on the other hand measures all the outstanding websites on the internet that are competing for that keyword.
As you can imagine, a healthy balance of high demand and low supply is what you want when selecting the keywords to target in your business. It does not make sense targeting search terms that no one is searching for. At the same time, it is not smart trying to outrank websites that are ranking for super competitive keywords. It is possible and we have done it repeatedly, however it takes more time and resources.
Benefits of Local SEO - Separate Yourself from the Rest
Given keyword research is critical and the basis of effective SEO and thus website performance, local SEO narrows your playing field significantly. For example, if a local state based SEO firm was to cater to the entire Nation or world, then a State specific name wouldn't be appropriate. But because the firm mainly operates in the State itself, then a name that reflects its locality makes most sense for the business.
Why? Remember I talked about supply and demand above. Do you think there is more or less supply of SEO firms in the State relative to the entire country? By targeting a narrow or small geographical area, the business is inherently limiting the competitive landscape and giving itself the best opportunity to shine as the best internet marketing company in the State in which it operates. This is increasing the odds of ranking high above the competition on search engines when people in the local area are searching for a local SEO firm within the State itself.
Local SEO has several other advantages. For example, I know for a fact that not every small local business in your area is leveraging the power of SEO, therefore you have a high likelihood of outranking them and therefore attracting more business through your online marketing initiatives.
Can there be a conflict of interest on the business' part? There can, and that's why the business should only take up one client in one industry in one city. For example, the firm should not perform SEO work for two dentists who are both located in Irving, Texas unless of course they want to be found for different key terms. There are sub specialties within dentistry. One might be a general dentist while the other may be a specialist in dental cosmetic surgery. You can just see how local SEO will come into play here.
What I always say is "What Good is your Good Looking & Expensive website when No One can see It?" Therefore, it is best to apply local SEO to get more visibility and attract more business.
Essential Video SEO For Increasing Web Traffic
Google doesn't stop innovating their search engine, and there where others try to follow, Google is not just 1 step ahead, but 10 steps ahead. Their latest innovation, which actually may already be in place for a year or longer, can be found in the patent: "Information Retrieval Based on Historical Data."
The abstract of the patent is: "A system identifies a document and obtains one or more types of history data associated with the document. The system may generate a score for the document based, at least in part, on the one or more types of history data".
This article has the goal to give a implified representation of this patent + contains recommendations as to what would be the best SEO techniques to obtain high rankings, with a specific focus on links. This article is the opinion of the writer and following recommendation in this article is done at your own risk.
Google's search results have been increasingly difficult to explain and many theories have been developed on what is going on. Most popular is the "sand box" theory, which says that a new site is put in a virtual sand box and has to wait until it has aged before obtaining high rankings. This patent has some excellent information that can explain this phenomenon.
The information that this invention of Google is claimed to retrieve based on the historical data are:
A score is calculated based on the above 3 factors which can then, at least partially, be used to rank the selected pages.
The patent describes a huge amount of historical data. The following is an overview of most items for which historical data can be measured:
- Anchor Texts
Ranking Based On Information Retrieved From Historical Data
The patent describes in quite a lot of detail how selected pages are ranked based on the information retrieved from historical data. This chapter will describe the basic logic applied.
Of all historical data a date of inception is used to determine 4 important values:
- Average Age
- Average Date
These factors can be determined for pages, links, anchor text, content, topics, queries, etc. Comparing the age or date of a page to the average of the site for example tells the search engine if this information is relatively new or old.
Comparing the average age or date of a page to the average age or date of all pages selected for a query (keyword phrase) tells the search engine if the page is relatively new or old. This information can be used to rank the selected pages.
Comparing to an average has the advantage that there is no preset base of rules that determine the rankings of a page. For one query 6 months may be considered new (product descriptions for example) while for another page 6 days may be considered old (news items for example). It all depends on the average age.
This same logic applies to links. In order to determine how popular a page or site is, the average age of all back links tells the search engine if the popularity of the page is recent or not. It makes sense that if most back links have been obtained 4 years ago and that hardly anybody has been interested to link to this page/site since then, that the page is not as popular as the existing back links would suggest.
The patent goes even as far as determining age factors for anchor texts of links.
Information changes over time. Opinions change, knowledge changes, popularity changes, etc. Like mentioned before, a page that was popular 4 years ago, may be totally forgotten now, but still have most of its backlinks that were obtained when the page actually was popular. However, if this page all the sudden becomes popular again, and new back links start showing up, the average age of the backlinks will remain high. This will prevent the page of ranking high.
Detecting changes is crucial to give old information the chance to rank high again. Consequently, the lack of change can be a reason to lower the rank of a page.
Even though comparing to averages is a great way to get information about freshness, it fails to recognize smaller events like a sudden increase in popularity of a page. Though detecting changes do help to recognize smaller events, more information can be obtained by detecting trends.
Sudden increases of popularity can be caused by seasonal events like Christmas or the Super Bowl. For this reason the search engine will try to determine trends within pages links, anchor text, content, topics, queries, etc. Detecting trends makes it possible to rank pages higher that would not be ranked high with the standard ranking methods or with comparing to average ages or dates. Google has recognized here a very important fact of information: Relevance and importance of information is (con)temporary.
Detecting Spam Using Historical Data
Having all kinds of historical data available can be used to detect search engine spam. Unexpected events that happen to a site can be an indication of spam. Obviously a strong improvement of 1 single factor would not be a direct indication of spam, generally multiple factors are showing strange behavior when a site is using spam to increase rankings. It would not be in Google's interest to penalize a site for advertising. However, excessive advertising in sites/pages that are totally unrelated will not do your site any good.
Nothing changed in regards to links. This patent pretty much confirms what we already knew and have been explaining to our customers as well. The following recommendations can be helpful:
Keep links related
Related links matter, unrelated links can be considered spam.
Build links on a continuous moderate bases
As the patent describes, the average age of your backlinks should not be too high. It is therefore wise to continue adding backlinks to secure a reasonable average age of all your backlinks. How many you need to add over time depends on your market.
Be better than the average
Very important is to be better than the average, but don't overdo it. It would be expensive and unnecessary.
Focus on seasonal events
A good way to increase the success of your website is to set up text link campaigns for seasonal events. Start your advertising campaign 2 to 3 months before the actual event to give Google the time to find the links and update your site's information with it. After the event you can let these links go again.
Spread links over multiple sites (unique backlinks)
A very important factor is the number of unique websites in your backlinks. Google seems to put a strong emphasis on this factor.
Search Engine Optimization - How To Get 1st Page Results
The property management field is one of those industries that has successfully made almost a full force transition from the yellow pages to the internet. Many people are still spending a lot of money on yellow pages and seeing minimal results. However, the Property Management Company that invests in ensuring that they are at the top of the search engine results will reap the rewards with a ton of new business.
The fact is that the world is changing very rapidly. Over 95% of US households that earn over a six figure income have a computer, according to the 2010 Nielson Media Industry Fact Sheet. And, most people that own secondary rental homes will have an income over this six figure mark. The fact is, that when a long distance Property Owner is looking for someone to manage their property, they are going to go to the internet and got to Google, Yahoo or Bing. They may have a contact in town with a recommendation, but likely not.
The question is: When that Investor or Property Owner searches for a Manager in your area, are you going to be the one that they find? If you have a website and have not taken specific action in search engine optimization, then you will likely not be found. Search engine optimization is a field in and of itself and should be taken very seriously with respect to your business. It is also a fact that 69% of the internet traffic will go to the top 3 search engine results: 40% go to the #1 listing, and the remaining 12% go to #2 and 8% go to the number three listing. This is why it is so important to get your listing to one of the top 3 search engine rankings.
- California Digital Marketing Consultant, California
- San Jose Affordable SEO, California
- Santa Clara Small Business SEO, California
- Campbell Website Optimisation, California
- Milpitas SEM Marketing, California
- Sunnyvale SEO Search Engine Optimization, California
- Alviso Link Building Services, California
- Los Gatos Web Marketing Company, California
- Saratoga Web Marketing Company, California
- Mount Hamilton SEO Solutions, California
- Coyote SEO Solutions, California
- Mountain View SEO Solutions, California
- New Almaden Online Marketing Company, California
- Cupertino Online Marketing Company, California
- Holy City Affordable SEO, California
- Redwood Estates Web Marketing Services, California
- Los Altos Web Marketing Company, California
- Newark Link Building Services, California
- Sunol Website Optimisation, California
- Palo Alto Digital Marketing Specialist, California
- Stanford SEO Link Building, California
- Fremont SEO Solutions, California
- Portola Valley SEM Marketing, California
- Menlo Park Digital Marketing Consultant, California
- Atherton Online Marketing Company, California
- Boulder Creek Digital Marketing Specialist, California
- Morgan Hill Search Engine Optimazation, California
- Brookdale Google Search Engine Optimization, California
- Ben Lomond Small Business SEO, California
- Felton SEO Specialist, California
- Union City Small Business SEO, California
- Soquel Web Marketing Services, California
- La Honda Affordable SEO, California
- Loma Mar SEO Search Engine Optimization, California
- Mount Hermon Small Business SEO, California
- San Martin Small Business SEO, California
- Redwood City SEO Solutions, California
- San Carlos Search Engine Optimazation, California
- Santa Cruz Digital Marketing Consultant, California
- Hayward Website Marketing, California
- Pleasanton SEO Specialist, California
- Aptos Online Marketing Company, California
- Capitola Search Engine Optimazation, California
- Belmont Affordable SEO, California
- San Gregorio Web Marketing Services, California
- Dublin Online Marketing Company, California
- Pescadero SEO Solutions, California
- Scotts Valley Website Optimisation, California
- Davenport Web Marketing Company, California
- San Lorenzo Search Engine Optimazation, California
- Gilroy Website Marketing, California
- San Mateo SEO Specialist, California
- Freedom SEO Solutions, California
- San Leandro SEO Solutions, California
- Livermore Web Marketing Services, California
- Half Moon Bay SEO Search Engine Optimization, California
- Watsonville Online Marketing Company, California
- San Ramon Website Marketing, California
- Burlingame Web Marketing Company, California
- Castro Valley Google Search Engine Optimization, California
- Tracy Digital Marketing Specialist, California
- Danville Search Engine Optimazation, California
- Millbrae SEO Link Building, California
- El Granada Website Optimisation, California
- Diablo Link Building Services, California
- Aromas SEO Search Engine Optimization, California
- Moss Landing Affordable SEO, California
- Westley Link Building Services, California
- San Bruno Digital Marketing Consultant, California
- Byron Website Marketing, California
- Moss Beach Website Marketing, California
- Alamo Website Optimisation, California
- South San Francisco Digital Marketing Consultant, California
- Moraga Web Marketing Services, California
- Patterson Web Marketing Company, California
- Montara SEM Marketing, California
- Alameda SEO Link Building, California
- Newman Web Marketing Company, California
- Pacifica SEO Search Engine Optimization, California
- Brisbane Digital Marketing Consultant, California
- Canyon Affordable SEO, California
- Clayton Web Marketing Services, California
- Piedmont Web Marketing Company, California
- San Juan Bautista Small Business SEO, California
- Castroville Web Marketing Company, California
- Brentwood Search Engine Optimazation, California
- Oakland Search Engine Optimazation, California
- Orinda SEO Specialist, California
- Lafayette SEO Specialist, California
- Vernalis Online Marketing Company, California
- Emeryville Small Business SEO, California
- Daly City Online Marketing Company, California
- Discovery Bay Web Marketing Services, California
- Walnut Creek Search Engine Optimazation, California
- Salinas SEO Search Engine Optimization, California
- Hollister SEO Search Engine Optimization, California
- Berkeley Google Search Engine Optimization, California
- Pleasant Hill Affordable SEO, California
- Albany Link Building Services, California
- Manteca Affordable SEO, California
- Concord SEO Link Building, California